Take advantage of the winter off-season while Moose Track Adventures in Ely, MN is closed, and make sure that you and your friends or family are ready for your next Boundary Waters excursion come spring! Time and time again, we have visitors that fail to bring the proper equipment and personal items on their trip. Due to this, we feel that it is important to layout a Boundary Waters personal checklist for all of our potential guests to review before they come visit in the near future.
Clothing Necessities from the Bottom Up
- Start with the Shoes – Bringing along a pair of shoes, boots or water shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty is a must. When entering and exiting the Boundary Waters, your feet will get wet and they need to be supported for portaging. Next, you’ll need a separate pair of shoes or sandals to wear around the campsite or cabin. Make sure to bring enough socks so that your feet stay warm.
- Undergarments – If you are visiting with us in the May or September/October timeframe, synthetic long underwear is a necessity! Otherwise, just make sure that you bring enough underwear to get you through your stay.
- Shorts and Pants – Temperatures in Ely, MN can get warm during the day and chilly at night. Packing a few pairs of shorts along with 2 pairs of quick dry shorts is ideal. For the evenings and cold weather, quick dry wind pants are great and a pair of fleece pants will help keep you warm at night!
- T-Shirts – 2 or 3 t-shirts should be enough, as long as you bring 2 quick dry shirts as well.
- Outerwear – A high quality rain jacket is a must to keep you dry. Additionally, consider packing a fleece overcoat. If you plan to vacation with us during the colder time of the year, then gloves and toboggans are great. Paddling gloves are a nice accessory to consider if you have any room.
Don’t Forget Your Personal Items
Clothing is not the only thing you’ll need to pack for your Boundary Waters excursion. Consider packing other personal items such as:
- Water Filter
- Insulated Mug/Bottle
- First Aid Kit
- Bug Spray
- Biodegradable Soap
- Pocket Knife
- Tooth Brush/Hygiene Items
- Board Games
- Fishing Materials
Our Boundary Waters Outfitters will not be there to help you pack but there are close shops in case you forget something before your adventure. While we’re closed and it is cold outside, use this list as your personal checklist when preparing for your upcoming stay at Moose Track Adventures in Ely, MN. Give us a call at (218) 365-4106 or email email@example.com if you have any questions about your upcoming visit with us.