Boundary Waters Outfitters
Located 7 miles from Ely Minnesota , Moose Track Adventures is a Boundary Waters Outfitter on the edge of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. We are a full service Boundary Waters Canoe Area outfitter and Quetico canoe trip outfitter and provide our customers ONLY the BEST AVAILABLE Boundary Waters canoe rental & outfitting gear on the market. We have been guiding and outfitting BWCA wilderness canoe trips in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and Quetico for over 20 years and consider the Boundary Waters Canoe Area our backyard. We provide you with the best canoe outfitting gear available and not to mention great food and expert trip routing. Whether you are interested in complete or partial outfitting for your Boundary Waters or Quetico canoe trip, we are positive we can customize a trip for you.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN OUR DELUXE KEVLAR CANOE OUTFITTING PACKAGE:
Boundary Waters Kevlar Canoe, Tent & Sleeping Gear:
- We-no-nah Kevlar Canoes with comfortable portaging yokes!
- Bent Shaft Paddles
- Life Jackets (vest type)
- Granite Gear/Kondos Equipment Packs with padded backs, waist belts and adjustable straps
- Stuff sacks for personal items
- Crazy Creek Chairs -A necessity for ultimate camp comfort!
- Water Proof Map Case
- Marmot/The North Face/Eureka Tents with ground sheet
- Marmot Sleeping Bags – always freshly laundered
- Lightweight Packable Pillow
- Large Lightweight Tarp/Dining Fly
- ThermaRest Full Length Self-Inflating Sleeping Mattress
- Compression Sacks
Boundary Waters Camping Food, Cooking Gear & Misc:
- Boundary Waters Camping Menu – with Fresh Food!
- Ultra-Light Cook Kit with Utensils
- Lightweight Cooking Stove with Extra Fuel
- Griddle (optional)
- Dish Soap & Scrubber
- Bear Rope System for Hanging Food Pack
- Ultra-Light Aluminum Folding Saw
- Fire Gloves
- Matches & Firestarter
- Trash bags
- Personal Gear Packs (if needed)
- Nalgene Water Bottles (if needed)
- Stuff Sacks for Your Gear & Clothes
- Extra Rope
- Toilet Paper
- Boat Tape (small roll of duct tape)
- Expert Trip Routing and Detailed Maps
- Free Parking in our Private Property
- Free Showers After Your Trip
All Inclusive Outfitting Rates
Trip Length 2-4 days 5-7 days 8+ days
per person/day $115 $110 $105
All rates are per person/day
Deduct 20% for children 17 and under with each accompanied adult
Minimum of 2 people per trip. Solo trip is possible but will be more because food is pre-packed ‘for 2 people’.
MN Sales Tax, MN fishing licenses, BWCA camping fees ($16 per adult & $8 per youth) and BWCA Permits ($12 per permit) are not included with the rates above
Licensed & Insured with the United States Forest Service – Moose Track Adventures operates in the Superior National Forest
Note: Shuttle Service FREE to most entry/exit points with Complete Outfitting
Deposits, Cancellations, etc:
Deposits: A deposit of $75 per person for Complete Outfitting is required to hold a reservation
Your Equipment Responsibilities: You are financially responsible for any damage or loss of equipment rented from Moose Track Adventures during your trip and will be charged accordingly for repair or replacement of the item. Cook Kits MUST be returned CLEAN or an additional $25 will be charged. Renter will be shown the equipment prior to use and it will be examined at the end of use. Renter will sign & agrees to be responsible for and promptly pay for any damage to the equipment caused during the rental period. We do require a credit card at the time of signing the rental agreement for damage deposit.
Final Payment: Payment in full is required upon check-in. We accept MasterCard, Visa, money orders, travelers checks and cash. We will accept personal checks only if received within 30 days before the date of reservation.
Cancellations: In the event of a cancellation of reservation, deposit fees are nonrefundable. The deposits (minus permit, camping fees and $35 service fee) will be applied towards a future trip with Moose Track Adventures during this season or next year.
Refunds: There are no refunds for complete or partial outfitting trips that end early, for equipment returned early, or for any unused food, transportation or accommodations that were reserved.
Rates are subject to change without notice.
We are a Cooperator with the USDA Forest Service under the Superior National Forest. We issue permits into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW), part of the National Wilderness Preservation System. As a Cooperator with the Forest Service, we are an equal opportunity service-provider.