If you consider yourself an outdoorsman, being cooped up in your home because of these frigid temperatures and winter weather in Minnesota this time of year is not pleasant. If your not on the ice with and during a cold one, the closest thing to get you to fishing during the winter is to plan your upcoming fishing trip this spring. Looking for a spot where you can take in the beautiful sights of the Boundary Waters while having the chance to catch a wide array of fish including Muskie, Trout, Largemouth Bass and Northern Pike? Lucky for you, Moose Track Adventures, an Ely, MN resort, offers guided spring fishing tours along the Boundary Waters.
What You Need To Know Before Your Trip
There are a few things that we would like to go over with you while you have time to plan for your springtime adventure. Keep in mind these important Ely guided fishing facts when prepping for your vacation at Moose Track Adventures:
- What is Provided – Not only is the boat or canoe provided on your guided fishing trip, but so is bait, tackle, gas, life jackets, a permit and St Croix Rods and Reels (if requested in advance).
- Don’t Forget These Items – When packing up for this excursion, don’t forget to bring your favorite rod and reel, outerwear that can withstand the rain, warm clothing, sunglasses, a hat, camera, sunscreen, fishing license, as well as food and drinks.
- Set Your Clock – Our guided fishing tours typically begin between 6:30-7:30am. If you sign up for our full day tour, you’ll be out on the water for 8 hours, and our half day fishing trips last 4 hours.
- Common Fish in Northern Minnesota – When fishing in this area, you’ll be searching for Muskie, Northern Pike, Walleye, Trout, Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass, Catfish, Crappie and Sunfish.
- A Fishing License is Required – No need to worry if you do not have a fishing license yet. You can wait until you arrive in Ely, MN to purchase a license. Our local Holiday Gas station or any of the local bait shops offer Minnesota fishing licenses for you to purchase before the guided fishing trip begins.
No matter how experienced you are as a fisherman, a guided tour on these Boundary Waters in Ely, MN will help you find the best areas to fish and may even teach you a few interesting facts about these waters. While you are cooped up in your home this winter, reach out to Moose Track Adventures and set up your guided spring fishing trip today by calling (218) 365-4106.